SHADOWSTEALTH03 MSTT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHADOWSTEALTH03 MSTT (SS03) IS A MILITARY SIMULATION TACTICAL TEAM RESIDING IN SAN GABRIEL VALLEY, LOS ANGELES/HOLLYWOOD, PASDENA, ARCADIA, SAN BERNARDINO/HIGH DESERT, AND LAKE ELSINORE.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LEADING A TEAM.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GREYGHOST0323
SS03CO
GREYGHOST0323

LEADING A TEAM. Empty
PostSubject: LEADING A TEAM.   LEADING A TEAM. EmptyThu Nov 01 2012, 04:44

Recently, I was asked by another captain of a newly formed team, at least about two years in running, on how I felt he ran his team in an op that we had recently put on. Mind you, he did very well out there, and I was very impressed. Not bad for their first interaction with other competative teams. And these teams that I speak of are just as young as they are, about a year or two (maybe 3) older. SS03 is the oldest, created in late 2003, out of most teams in the IE. We were the first Southern California team to address ourselves as a MILSIM TACTICAL TEAM (2007).We are only a few years younger than the Roughnecks Airsoft Detachment (RAD) in Riverside county and we are much smaller in size. There are reasons for this and it is to our advantage point and in the belief that it's about "Quality over Quantity." You could have the numbers to overrun a fight, however, it is better to have a smaller number of a skill set force to take out such an opponent.

Anyhow, back to what I was addressing. This captain, from what I gather from knowing him for a brief time thus far, is a good man, a God fearing man at that. Very forthright and very honest individual. He asked for advice on his running of his team and of any positive or negative feedback. As far as negatives, I could not really think of any as I watched his team out in the field. I mean, I could see some improvement to be made, however, they are not to be considered as negatives. All teams can use some improvements in any department. He did very well with what he had out there and it was a very impressive run. Considering that the other side fought back just as hard!

He asked for my guidence and advice so this is what I told him:

You are doing very well. Just remember to lead from the front as much as possible. Take accountability for your men . Take care of them and they will take care of you. Always treat them with respect. Be stern when you need to and take action when necessary. Give them the benefit of the doubt. If you start seeing a pattern then take action. Never reprimand members in the eye of public and never argue with your second in command in front of your men. It breaks down moral. Always stay calm and collective in front of your men when being challenged. You set the example of your team and always stand ready for action. Never bow down to any team and stand firm on the ground and remember what you stand for and keep the HONOR & INTEGRITY of your team. These 2 traits should never be compromised. Your loyalties should ALWAYS be with your men and it is your responsibility to keep them upright.

This is the best advice that I can give any leadership of any newly formed or reformed team anywhere. SS03 will be going on its 10th year soon. We have had our ups and downs, but we always pushded through and made it back on top. So, with all this being said, I have no doubt that this team will make it just as far. S.A.I.N.T.S., you are just about to enter a whole new entity of your venture. Godspeed and good luck!

Last edited by SS03CO on Sun Jan 06 2013, 04:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jun

jun

LEADING A TEAM. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADING A TEAM.   LEADING A TEAM. EmptySun Nov 04 2012, 23:52

Well said. Well done. True to the bone.
Back to top Go down
http://Tango-5.com
NUTZO
SS03XO
NUTZO

LEADING A TEAM. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADING A TEAM.   LEADING A TEAM. EmptyFri Dec 14 2012, 14:41

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LEADING A TEAM. Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEADING A TEAM.   LEADING A TEAM. Empty

Back to top Go down

LEADING A TEAM.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SHADOWSTEALTH03 MSTT :: GENERAL INFORMATION :: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)-
Jump to: